Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jillian kicks my butt and 4 miles W/O a Stroller

Yesterday I went to my mom's house and I decided to workout to Jillian's Get Ripped in 30 days. I was thinking "I've done her 30 day shred so it should not be too much harder." Boy was I wrong!! She tweaked a couple different things and it made a huge difference in the workout. I was sore yesterday and was still sore when I woke up today. Knowing that I also had to run 4 miles was kind of a downer but at the same time the run should help loosen up my muscles. I contacted my mother-in-law to watch the Lil Bean so I didn't have to push the stroller too because I was already starting out sore.

Recap on the Run.
4 miles at 44:24

1st Mile was 11:42...My thoughts on this mile were..."Figure out how to breath" "Just get in a rhythm" "I should get faster than this, hopefully...someday!"

2nd Mile was 11:.13...thoughts on this mile were.."OK, I feel better! I got in rhythm" "Why does it feel better when I run faster??" "How is it possible to shave 30 seconds of time when I already ran a mile prior to this one? Maybe I should slow down. No I need to listen to my body and go with the rhythm." "I feel good"

3rd Mile was 11:10...thoughts on this mile were "It's hot out, why is there not a breeze." "I don't remember these hills being this hard." "Thank God I don't have the stroller!" "How am I going to run 6.2 miles??" when I start getting negative I start praying because it's the only way to stop being negative, so I started praying and waiting on God to give me some good thoughts...and guess what? He did...He is faithful...I thought of "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."(Philippians 4:13) and "Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world" (ref 1 John 4:4) then revelation can "Greater is the LOVE that is in me than the hate that is in this world".."For God so loved the world the He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)  "I feel much better now Thank You Lord"

4th Mile was 10:19...mainly because I had to go potty really bad and I had to book it home...I know they recommended not running this fast if you are supposed to be doing 11 minute miles but I couldn't help myself and I did feel good

All in all, I'm happy with the pace so far. It's as good as it's going to be for now. Not running for 7 months of my pregnancy and 8 weeks postpartum definitely took it's toll on me but I'll be back were I want to be in a jiffy I just need to stay positive and my Lil Bean is totally worth it :)

Pic of the Lil Bean when she was 2 1/2 months old in the BOB.

No comments:

Post a Comment