Wednesday, September 14, 2011

last couple runs

On Sunday I went for a 2 mile EASY run and it felt great!
22:36 for 2 miles 11:18/mile pace

Yesterday did my first 5 mile run post baby. The last time I ran 5 miles was July 7, 2010 which was when I was 7 weeks pregnant and didn't know. I remember I had to walk in the middle of it because I was SOO HOT, that is one thing about pregnancy that I didn't like was being so hot all the time. I found out 4 days later that I was pregnant and then the doctor told me not to run...grrr. So here is the recap of yesterday:

5 miles: 54:41
Average Pace 10:56/mile
Mile 1: 11:51
Mile 2: 11:10
Mile 3: 11:38
Mile 4: 10:59
Mile 5: 10:01

The last mile I felt really good and was on a roll. I didn't feel like slowing down. It was nice to go at a decent pace. I'm excited for my race on Sunday except I determined that it will just be a training run because I'm not really in the shape to race it the way I want to. Once my speed work is back down to 7 minute miles I will race a 10k but as for now it will just be a fun run.

There is a lot of crazy stuff going on around me right now and it was so nice to get out and run and just hang out with God and pray. Running really helps my mind get focused on things "I should" be thinking about...positive things.

I realized I  need to focus on being thankful, here are some things I'm thankful for:

I'm thankful for a husband that works and allows me to stay at home with my babycakes.
I'm thankful that I am not injured and can run.
I'm thankful that I am losing weight and won't be this heavy forever.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment