Friday, September 16, 2011

Last run before 10k

Yesterday I departed from my house with the Lil Bean and the BOB to accomplish 2 EASY miles.

When I went to run my legs felt very heavy and I was not feeling very chipper so I knew right off the bat that these miles would be SLOOOOW. And yes they were,.

2 miles @ 24:31
1st mile 12:26
2nd mile 12:05

Today I was going to do Jillian's 30 Day Shred but I decided to pass on it because I also walked 3 miles yesterday and my legs are still a little sore and I want them to feel rested on race day which is on Sunday!

I'm pretty excited about the race on Sunday and am trying to stay positive and not put myself in the Ferris wheel of self doubt.

My plan is just finish the race and run for fun because I don't want to truly race till my speed is back.
Maybe I'll race Bloomsday this year? Sounds like fun and it is still far enough away from the Coeur d'Alene Half that I want to do the last weekend of May.

Anywho hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment