Monday, January 23, 2012

Our God is An Awesome God


Running...

Running in a Race

Running in Life

Fighting...

Fighting in a Race

Fighting in Life

Ever feel that if you take one more hit, your down and it's over?
Ever feel like if you have to take one more step you will faint and fall?
Ever feel like if you hear one more terrible thing you will break into a million pieces?

This weekend I ran 10 miles on a treadmill and the last 2 miles I felt as if I just didn't want to take another step going nowhere. I felt that I couldn't make it and that I was done. But a funny thing happened, I decided I was going to run, run whether or not I would fall off the treadmill because I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me! Many people would say, well that's silly Kris, your just running, your not doing anything that requires faith to be used. God says ALL and that means ALL regardless if I'm fighting for my life or fighting to stay on the treadmill, He says ALL and He says what He means. The just shall live by FAITH whether or not it's something as simple as running or as hard as fighting for your life. See my life has not been easy,  I have come to despair and tried to end my life (almost 9 years ago) and then I have fought for my life but not just in my own strength, it's been God's Grace that I'm alive and that I can fight because He is the one strengthening me and He is the one holding me up even when my knees are shaking and tears are rolling down my face. 

" Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ "

Isaiah 41:10

God's Grace abounds towards us, to do the things we think we cannot do, to go the places we think we cannot go and to say the things we cannot say on our own. Without Him we are nothing. He is our strength. He is our Rock. He Loves US, He loves us enough that He sent His Son to die for us so that we can have life everlasting with Him. He does not send us the battle, He gives us the strength and the might to Win the Battle. If it was not for His Grace, I would not be here right now writing this, He has Saved me. He has not only saved me from eternal damnation but He saves me from all attempts of the enemy to tear me down and destroy me. He gives me life, life abundant, life everlasting.
He is THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE. 

"for “WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.” 
Romans 10:13

If you feel like you have been fighting and the battle seems to be too much, know this, God's Here and He has your Victory and it's right around the corner.
DON'T THROW IN THE TOWEL, DON'T GIVE UP! FIGHT HARD AND FINISH YOUR RACE!!

"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win." 1 Corinthinas 9:24

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

3 comments:

  1. Amen and great post. I am so connected to my spirituality in my runs and my best runs are the ones I remember I am with Him and my guardian angels. I may still feel like each step is torture but I know I am not alone and that makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Post! So true and I really like how God is with throuh those battles. As you know I am in pretty big one right now and I am so thankful He holds me in his mighty hand!

    Beautiful words! Way to hammer out that run!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that! Just tagged you in my 11 things post. No worries if you already did it or don't want to. Just having fun. http://runningwhilemommy.blogspot.com/2012/01/yeah-my-turn.html

    ReplyDelete