Friday, February 17, 2012

Today I DECIDED to Run a Marathon

I Woke up this morning to Miss Bean saying "Hi!"

That's her word, "Hi!", really I'm not joking, that's the primary word she says!

She says Dada and Mama, tries to say Kitty and she says Hot! But primarily she says, "Hi!"

Got up and changed her diapee and then allowed her to play until she decided to put some random particle in her mouth and then I couldn't get it out because when I tried to she kept her mouth closed tightly and went Mmmm and then before I knew it she started coughing up the thing she swallowed and spit it up on the floor. Great!

So I decided to then feed her and put her down for a little nap.

She went to sleep...for 30 minutes and then woke up.

While she was sleeping I was trying to figure out what training plan I want to use for a marathon...yes I said it...a MARATHON...a FULL 26.2 MILES...A FULL MARATHON!!

I'm excited because yesterday I DECIDED that I wanted to run a Marathon and start training now and then complete it in the fall.

I was going to wait till next year but I don't know if I want to wait that long because next year Miss Bean will be 2 and that's when hubby and I were talking about maybe trying for another little bean but who knows that might not be for another year but yeah that's why I want to run it now! That and I just WANT TO RUN LONG!! I also want to train for an Ultra, 50 miler, but that might have to wait till I'm done having kiddos. All I know is that I have DREAMS, lots of them and I told my hubby today about them and He said start training now and run as many marathons as I want to and run an Ultra if I want to. I have his support now, so WHY NOT?! I think that's what held me back before because I didn't know if he would be cool if I went running for 5+ hours every Saturday and if he  would want to come and support me at my races. But HE DOES!!  So what am I waiting for?

On that note I've been pondering why I have not been happy the last couple days and one of the reasons was, I wasn't running! Running is where I spend time with God, I think, I pray, I reflect on the complexity of the universe and it helps me BE a better person. Ultimately I can do all those things while not running but running is a gift that God gave me and I want to accomplish all the things that are in my heart to do. See we all have gifts that God gave us not only for His purpose but for our enjoyment. I believe that the primary reason for the gifts is to reach other people. Not just for Salvation but for Love, God IS love and to be like Him you need to be In Love. If you are not In Love, you are not In Him. I'm not talking about "conditional love" or the Twilight kind of love. I'm talking about selfless love, a love that's unconditional, love that does something for another not because they receive something from it but because they truly desire to see that person happy.
I know I seem to be getting off topic here but, well it happens all the time to me!! In my brain these things connect, in fact I have to know there is purpose in something in order to set out and do it.

Now Back onto my day...

So when Miss Bean woke up I decided to go for a walk down to the coffee shop. Therefore, she could get a nap and I could get a coffee :)



It's a nice walk down to the coffee shop, Forza, it's about 3.5 miles round trip.

Miss Bean got her Nap

I got my coffee
Mmm, all done, tasty Venetian Latte!

Our walk totaled 4.4 miles taking 1 hour 17 minutes
Trying to take a self portrait...trying is the key word

So yes, this was a good day because I DECIDED to run a Marathon!! :)



7 comments:

  1. I am really excited for you! Looking forward to reading about your training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Which marathon are you signing up for?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't officially decided on the exact marathon.
      Here is the 3 I'm looking at:
      10/28/2012
      Columbia Gorge Marathon
      Tri-Cities Maraton
      11/25/2012
      Seattle Amica Marathon
      Have you run any of these?

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! That's so, so exciting! Can't wait to follow your training!

    What plan did you decide on? I've tried a few (Higdon, Galloway, RLRF), so let me know if you have questions on any of them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats- that's awesome! You should have plenty of time to train and be ready by the fall... is this your first full?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through comments on mine. I'm Katie.

    Congrats on the decision! And I understand where you were going with the running/God/love thing. It is hard to put into words how I feel when I am connecting with God on a run. He gave us running--how wonderful that He would give us something that makes us feel so happy and so connected to Him! You will have some amazing experiences on your 20 mile runs--there is so much time to pray, think, listen to nature, etc. I also listen to music too.

    Oh, I have not done any of the races you mentioned in the comments section, but good luck deciding on one! My recommendation is to go mid-sized (so about 5,000 people or so) for your first race. Not too big or too small.

    ReplyDelete