Thursday, March 1, 2012

Training and Birthdays: What do they have in common?

Nothing.

I just couldn't come up with a title for my Smörgåsbord post.

Training Recap:
Last week I determined to run 3 days and try to do some cross training in between.

Monday: Jillian 30 Day Shred Level 1 - Kicked my butt, my arms were sore for 3 days!! Love Jillian!

Tuesday: Wanted to run but didn't get around to it so it was a "Rest" Day

Wednesday: Set out to do a 5 mile run with the stroller but it was the windiest day I have ever ran, ever.Therefore I made it 3 and even though it felt like I was sprinting when I was running around 11 min./miles.3 miles @ 32:20 Avg.10:46/mile

Thursday: Redemption Day!! Wind was light but runnable with the stroller. Took it nice and easy and focused on my form so that I would not mess up my hip again. 5.2 miles @ 53:41 Avg. 10:19/mile

Friday: I was going to try and do a Jillian workout again but since it was the Eve of Miss Bean's Birthday I was running around getting things ready for her party the next day so it was by default a "Rest" Day.

Saturday: It was my beautiful Miss Bean's First Birthday!
Birthday Girl and Her Mama (Moi)

Opening Her Gifts

Her Birthday Bib and Cupcakes I made
Thank You Mommy, Run Fast! for the recipe :)

"Ooo a cupcake for me?!"

"Why is everyone singing to me?"

"It's sticky and I don't like it!" or "It's my party and I can cry if I want to!"

Overall it was a great First Birthday for her and I wish she would of liked the cupcakes more but she isn't that into baby food anyway. She is still nursing and I think she wants to keep it that way but we will see how that goes. There was a snow storm on her birthday very reminiscent of the huge snow storm the day before she was born, hmm she must be a snow princess :) I am so thankful for my little blessing and she is one of the best gifts God has ever given my husband and I, we love you Miss Bean!!

Sunday: I was going to run 6, I thought, but then I didn't feel that great even before I went to the gym to run. I had to go to the gym because of the snow Blah!, running on the treadmill is not fun. I felt so many aches and twinges of pain while running and then at about 3.75 miles I started to feel nauseous so I ran a 1/4 mile more and was done.
4 miles @ 38:30 Avg. 9:37/mile


Monday: I still didn't feel well so I just rested and took naps with Miss Bean.

Tuesday: I was feeling better but not 100% I did yoga for 40 minutes. Thank You 'On Demand' cable!

Wednesday: I still was feeling lethargic but I made myself go to the gym because my mother-in-law wanted to see Miss Bean. I wanted to run and then do the StairMaster but some dude was one of the 2 available machines for an hour and the other got taken immediately after the chick that was on it was finished and before I could get there :( So I improvised: I did 4 miles on the bike and then 1.75 miles on the elliptical, which rounded out my workout to 60 minutes with the run.
Run: 3 miles @ 29:29 Avg. 9:49/mile Bike: 4 miles @ 11:09 Elliptical: 1.75 miles @ 20:17

Today I plan to do Jillian's 30 Day Shred Level 1, as long as I can get Miss Bean down for a nap without me.

Tomorrow I'm thinking I might try to do some yoga or go swimming maybe?? Not sure

Saturday I would like to run and Sunday I want to run. Not sure mileage yet.

Monday will mark the commencement date of my "Official" 1/2 Marathon training.
Yippee!! I'm super excited to start!!

My new motto thanks to Dorothy of Mile Posts:
"Run Your Own Race"

I have realized that I have been trying to compete with my pre-baby self and I'm just not as fit as I was before I got pregnant and had babycakes. I will be fit again and hope to be even stronger than I was before but, it will take time. I'm going to run my race for what I can handle now and build upon that. I don't want to get injured and I desire to finish well. Over the last year and nine months my body not only has produced, evicted and fed a baby but also has gained 74 lbs and lost 70 lbs! I'm going to focus on me..now me...where I am now, and not be so focused on what I was or even what I will be and take it one step at a time, one run at time and I will eventually surpass what I was before.

I will not become discouraged, I will not quit, I will press on and achieve that which is in my heart!

4 comments:

  1. Happy first birthday to Little Miss Bean!! That picture of you and her is adorable! Glad you used the cupcakes--too bad she didn't appreciate your hard work! And great job on the bib, too... that reminds me I've been wanting to get my sewing machine out again. :)
    Definitely good to remember to run your own race, you're absolutely right that your body has been through a lot, and it takes time to build that back up. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't make the bib :( I can sew but I think I'm a little rusty for something that cute. Thanks though :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Miss Bean! Cake and bib looked fabulous. Great job.

    ReplyDelete