Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 6 of Half Marathon Training

Half way through training, BooYaa!!

This is a day late because I have been spending massive time getting crap taxes ready, Blah!! Thank God it's tax day and I'll be finished today! Sorry if I haven't been commenting on your blogs as much, it's because I've been fixated on taxes and just getting my workouts in but, I'll be back to normal tomorrow!! Yippee!! On that note this is a quick post but I have some pictures!!

Miss Bean on Easter!



Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Intermediate Training Plan scheduled these workouts:

What I did follows:



Monday: Stretch and Strengthen

What I did: Went for a lovely stroll with Miss Bean down to the Coffee Shop. She got a nap, I got a coffee!! J  



Tuesday: 4 mile "easy" run

What I did: 4 mile "easy" run with the stroller:

I was an exercise queen this day! Walked 1.25 miles with the stroller Ran 4.4 Miles with the stroller then “wogged” (walk/jog) with my friend for 1.25 miles. After all of that I did Zumba!!

Total Time: 40:36 Average Pace 9:13/mile



Wednesday: 40 Minute Tempo Run

What I did: This run was a struggle because I ran at a different time than I normally due and I had NO fuel and I also felt dehydrated a little. It was a battle but I did exactly what the run calls for 10 minutes “easy” 25 minutes “hard” 5 minutes “easy”

My Splits:
Mile 1: 9:17 (this felt really easy)
Mile 2: 8:00 (this felt not hard but not easy)
Mile 3: 7:52 (getting harder, wondering why I ran/walked and did Zumba the day before)
Mile 4: 7:46 (Oh my goodness, why me, why is this little hill here, ok keep fighting to finish)
Mile 5: 8:35 (kept the 7:40-50 pace for the first .25 till I hit 25 minutes and then ran “easy”)

Total 5 miles @ 41:32 8:18/mile average pace



Thursday: 3 mile "easy" run + Strength

What I did: 3 miles with stroller + Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 2

I did the Jillian workout before I ran and it made my legs soo heavy. This was an awesome workout though! I also walked 3 miles with a friend later that day. Miss Bean looked Ooo So Cute!!





Run Time: 3 miles at 29:32 Average Pace: 9:50/mile



Friday: Rest Day or easy run

What I did: Walked 3 miles with Miss Bean on the Centennial Trail because it was a pretty nice day J
Couple of photos I took on the trail:


 Cute little bunnies on the trail!

 Oh and I walked In flip flops too!
I then did some pilates and stretching which felt great!





Saturday: Rest

What I did: 3 stroller miles

This calls for a Rest day because it has a 10k scheduled on Sunday but I didn’t have a 10k so no need to take a rest day. I also ran in my new Lululemon Pace Setter Skirt, love it!!!


The total of my run was 3 miles in 28:05 Avg. Pace 9:21/mile



Sunday: 10-K Race

What I did: 10 mile “long” run

Yippee a FAMILY Run!! Love this!! It was a pretty nice day other than the wind, and of course I picked to run going against the wind on the Centennial Trail! The plan was that we would run 3 together and then my husband would walk back to car and I would finish my additional 7 miles and he would pick me up at that access point to the trail. Later he told me he walked 1 mile and then ran 2 miles back, making his total for running 5 miles J He made me proud!! Hoping it sparked a little desire for him to run longer…hoping!! The run was nice and steady and it felt easy running 9:00 to sub 9/min miles so my last 2 miles I ran at marathon pace. It was awesome!!

Here are my splits:
Mile 1:   9:40
Mile 2:   9:55
Mile 3:   9:57
Mile 4:   9:11
Mile 5:   9:02
Mile 6:   8:36
Mile 7:   9:00
Mile 8:   9:02
Mile 9:   8:12
Mile 10: 8:07

Total Miles 10 in 1:30:47 Average Pace 9:04/mile



Total Weekly Mileage: 25 running miles 10 walking miles

This upcoming Sunday I have a 5 mile race in hopes to get a better seeding for Bloomsday. I've been avoiding thinking about it because I know I'm going to have to push myself HARD but I know I WILL give it my BEST effort!!
After All my blogs called: Fight HARD, Finish the Race!!

1 comment:

  1. I love her Easter photo! Great job on your tempo run... I always feel like I want to quit in the middle of it too, and then feel so proud of myself afterward. :) That's so great that your husband is getting into running! Mine does 3 with me on a loop on Sundays, but otherwise he prefers sports or swimming, not plain running. But I enjoy the 3 miles that I get!

    ReplyDelete