Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thirsty Thursday - Oh How He Loves Us


This song kept playing through my head during my run...I got home and sang it and then I decided to share it.

I read this scripture this morning:

Romans 8:31-39(NASB)

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33 Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; 34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Just as it is written,
For Your sake we are being put to death all day long;
We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

Oh How He Loves Us and HE will SAVE you, HEAL you, DELIVER you, PROTECT you and COMFORT you ALL of your days!!

Romans 10:13 (NASB)

13 for “ Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

1 Peter 2:24 (NASB)

24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

Psalm 91:14 (NASB)

14 Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.

Proverbs 30:5 (NASB)

5 Every word of God is tested;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (NASB)

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, 17 comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word.

May God, who is LOVE, refresh you today!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouraging post, Kris! It's helpful to slow down and put things in perspective and remember what really matters in life. Sometimes I wonder if writing a running blog makes is sound like that's all I care about in life, or where my identity lies, which is not the case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thirsty Thursday....I LOVE IT!!!! Great song & verses!!! It's so easy to get caught up in the things of life, and lose focus on truly what is important and matters most! I'm really loving 2 Thess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my all time favorite songs and verses in Romans! Glad I stopped by. I also wanted to let you know I just got my Sugoi compression tights in the mail and I wore them yesterday after my 48 mile ride and I LOVE them. They fit great and I think after shipping we paid $54 total maybe?

    Hope you are well,
    ~Marnee

    ReplyDelete