Friday, October 12, 2012

Finding Hope In Perilous Times

This week we had a good family friend pass away and on top of that there is many close family and friends that have been fighting through excruciating times.

I typically like to stay very positive when addressing such heart wrenching issues but lately it seems almost too much to bear.
I keep asking myself, "WHY?" I cry my heart out to God since I know He cares. I guess it's hard for me to just say I'm praying for them. I know with God ALL things are possible. My heart just breaks with the pain I see loved ones go through and all I want to do is take the pain away. I don't like seeing them unhappy and not full of joy. Then I'm reminding that God doesn't either:

John 3:16-17
For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([d]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
17 For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.
 
I believe sometimes we must come to the end of saving ourselves and admit we need a saviour. In my case I need to admit that I'm not the saviour of them and I need to give the situation to God for Jesus is the Only Hope, He is our Hope.
 
Matthew 11: 28-30
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
 
Jeremiah 17:7
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is the Lord.
 
When dark perilous times seem to overwhelm and consume you remember Jesus is the Way, the Light and the Life you need.  He does not judge you or condemn you but saves you out of the agony you are in. God loves you and does not judge you any longer because the judgment was judged upon His Son on the cross. If we just come to Him and lay our cares and trouble at His feet, He who is our hope will help carry us through the deep dark valley of the shadow of death.
 

Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
2 He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
3 He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake.
4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [a]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
6 Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.
 
 
 
Father God, I lay my troubles and cares at your feet so you can help perfect the things that concern me to help those in need. In Jesus Name, Amen
 

Psalm 138:8

The Lord will perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands.

 

 
This post really is a journal for me, not sure if I will publicize it our not but if I do, I hope it will help you too.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear of all that has been going on! I love the verses you pulled out- it's a great reminder that we are not supposed to feel positive when bad things happen, we can grieve and question and mourn.

    ReplyDelete