Wednesday, June 5, 2013

10 Reasons to Run

Self-Control, Discipline, Patience, Endurance

That is what I needed.

I kept thinking that I couldn't run and that I didn't have energy to run and what's the use if I can't start "training"(it takes longer to build base) running with the stroller and the list of excuses could continue. Blah! But who wants to hear my excuses?

10 Reasons to Run:
1) It helps clear my head.
2) It makes me feel fit.
3) My daughter enjoys going outside with me. (Thank God she got over the crying fits!)
4) It helps bring me closer to God since I find it easier to pray when I run.
5) If I start running again it will bring me closer to train for a FULL Marathon.
6) It gives me something to do rather than stay inside.
7) The weather is getting nicer and the excuse of bad weather is not an option anymore.
8) I don't feel lazy.
9) It helps kick start my day.
10) It help me feel more productive.

Not at all an extensive list and definitely something that is subjective.

Inspiration:

Hebrews 12:11 (NIV)

11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
 
 

What's your excuse to not run?

Better yet...What's your reason to run?

6 comments:

  1. well I could be cheesy here and say my excuse not to run is because I'm still rehabbing however the truth is that should be my reason TO run because I need to work at strengthening my body. I also enjoy running because it is something the hubs and I can do together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good excuses to not run. And that is awesome you and your hubs run together!! I just got my hubby running again, only a mile a couple days a week but its a start for him and I'm so proud of him :)

      Delete
  2. Such a great post! I got out today for 4 miles and had to do it pushing my almost 5 year old! it was tough and slow but there were no good excuses not to. I run because it makes me happy and keeps me healthy. it sets a good example for my family and keeps me sane when that said family drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job Nicole!!! I bet your arms were sore after those 4 miles! Those are great reasons to run and I share those too :)

      Delete
  3. Great list! Sometimes I just don't feel like running. Sometimes I really don't have time. Sleeping is important too. I can only imagine how you feel pushing the stroller! Ugh! It's been nice to find out that strength work can be just as rewarding as a run. Maybe you can change it up more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In order to make your runs better and better your body should be able to perform its best. I have found a way to keep good shape without overtraining and without exhausting my body. Right nutrition is one of the key factors. Still, sometimes everyday meals can not provide all necessary nutrients. That is why I am taking nutritional supplements. As I am strongly opposed to all kinds of chemicals, I was looking for the natural supplement, consisting basically of vitamins. And I have found the one - Multipurpose High-Potency Super Nutritional Complex by Military Grade. It keeps me toned and prepared for my best runs.

    ReplyDelete