Tuesday, March 7, 2017

It has been AWHILE...Transformation Tuesday

Transformation Tuesday!
Not just baby weight...
My story starts when I was in a motorcycle accident (yes I was driving) almost 13 years ago. I sustained multiple injuries including a broken clavicle ,fractured scapula, 3 fractured bones in my neck, 3 broken ribs, punctured lung, lacerated liver, and then they did an exploratory surgery for internal bleeding (but Thank the Lord there was none!) I walked away from the accident thankfully without much damage to my legs, my right side suffered a bruised bone and hip but it was not broken. However it took me two years to be able to workout again and even then I couldn't do many strength & core exercises because of a sharp pain in my stomach due to the muscle growing through the scar tissue from my surgery scar and I had trouble eating most foods due to the hospital feeding me too soon after surgery and causing my digestion to stop and my stomach to distend 😳. The Lord led me to run 1 mile per day and that was all I could do two years after the accident and then I was able to add some modified push-ups and crunches. Fast forward to 2010-2011 and I gained 84 lbs with my first daughter because my eating habits and food choices for one where horrible and for two I had to eat all day or I felt nauseous. About 2 months after my baby girl was born I was down almost 30 lbs but 50 lbs to go and that was more than I had ever weighed before (the most prior to this was 20 lbs but I was able to get quickly back in shape since I grew up playing sports and I would just work out and count calories and lose it). I started running again and training for races although my diet wasn't were it should be but I slowly lost weight in 2012 I tried the Blood Type Diet (I'm Blood Type O) and it really helped me identify the foods I was sensitive too and didn't digest well which are all dairy and gluten. I continued on my journey and felt much better on a Whole Foods diet with some gluten free grains and I lost 74 lbs total by 20 months postpartum but held onto 10 lbs. However I really needed a protein supplement that I could take since I am sensitive to Whey and cannot take it. I searched all over the place and found a couple that I liked but still looked for something more. When I was pregnant with my second daughter I became friends with two Beachbody coaches on Instagram and they both shared their stories about Shakeology and Beachbody programs but were also very vulnerable and real but it wasn't till I met my friend Sarah Ochs Hol who is a Beachbody Health Coach and tried Shakeology that I found out how great it was and I loved the fact it didn't have any artificial colors,flavor and sweeteners, no gluten, no dairy in the vegan formula and it was flavored with stevia (the vegan formula). It is more than a protein supplement, it is a nutrient dense alchemy of superfoods, herb adaptogens, enzymes, prebiotics and probiotics. Shakeology helped me kick my sugar addiction, it reduced the inflammation in my body and improved my digestion so I was able to recover from workouts and have energy. I ordered a Challenge Pack that included PiYo and Shakeolgy to get the most bang for my buck.
PiYo helped me tone and balanced my running so I could continue to aim for my goals and achieve them. And I finally lost that extra 10 lbs which I had resolved wasn't going to happen prior to Beachbody! I became a Health Coach for Beachbody in July so I could share my passion for health and fitness and help others become healthier in their body, soul and spirit so they could do the things that they desire to do living a more fulfilled life 💗
If you would like help on your transformation please email me or contact me through Facebook

Left side 2 months postpartum with my first daughter in 2011
Right side in 2016 after completing a half marathon


No comments:

Post a Comment